Many people are almost forced into having a surgical procedure done to remove their kidney stones. However, in my opinion there would be a smaller number of people having surgery done if they were aware of the alternatives they can use.
For example, there are several home remedies for dissolving kidney stones, dietary modifications and medications both prescription and over the counter that will work on pain from kidney stones.
Now that times are changing, almost every household has access to the wonderful world wide web so they can research everything from dog names to kidney stones and virtually everything in between.
The internet is probably the way most people became aware of alternative treatments such as home remedies. Isn’t technology amazing?
Some of the most popular home remedies for kidney stones are through dietary modifications and herbal remedies. Here are some of the changes you should consider if you have kidney stones:
1. Drink more water. The average person should consume between 10-12 oz of water a day which has proven time and again to work wonders with kidney stones.
2. Eat less foods that are high in purine content. Foods that are high in purine are animal proteins such as red meats, poultry, most sea foods and animal hearts to name a mere few.
3. Reduce your sodium intake, drastically. You should stop using salt to prepare meals and to add flavor to cooked meals.
4. Try adding lemon to your beverages. The lemon will add a unique flavor, but it will also eat away at the kidney stone because of the citric acid that is in it.
5. Cranberry juice is another beverage that proves to be beneficial in the fight against kidney stones. Cranberry juice is known for flushing the system of toxins.
If you are serious about not having surgery, you should take advantage of all of the information that is available on the internet and in your local library. You have the right to chose your course of treatment for any medical condition.
If you want to use home remedies for dissolving kidney stones instead of allowing a doctor to perform a potentially dangerous surgery, that is your right. Now that you know you have options, you do not have to feel intimidated into having surgery performed on your body.?